Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Typical Shutterbug Interviews Michael Thompson

I had the amazing privilege to be interviewed by Victor Cajiao from Typical Shutterbug;  the podcast interview was specifically geared towards how to use small off camera speedlights.  Victor and I discussed in detail the basic principles of off camera flash and what gear is needed to create amazing pictures using small speedlights.  I asked Victor why he wanted to interview me and not one of the great photographers that use speedlights such as Zack Arias or Joe McNally.   He is answer was simple,  "I liked your photos on your website slinkygenius.com and the fact that you are a professional photographer in Medellin, Colombia.  A unique combination that is interesting."  Since the podcast was recorded I have made a video series that goes into detail about speedlights: lightenupandshoot.   To listen to the full interview go to: typicalshutterbug.com

No comments: