Monday, December 6, 2010

Live, Die and Shoot in LA ~ BlackRapid

Exactly one week ago I got a call from Ron Henry, founder of BlackRapid, about joining him on a photo mission in LA.   I had just finished posting a video and photos from my parkour photo session with Paul Andrews when I got the call, "Hey Mike,  I just saw your video and pictures...amazing work.  How would you like to shoot with me in LA on Tuesday?" I said, "Are you kidding me?  I'm there!"  Ron had a vision of finding and shooting normal people walking around the streets of LA;  the Lightenupandshoot style was a perfect match.  Not knowing who you are going to meet or what is going to happen can sometimes be risky business when you need to grab amazing images for a marketing campaign.  But,  I think our adventure of hitting the streets and beaches of LA paid gold.  Armed with a Profoto light, speed lights, reflector, softbox and a slew of lenses we managed to grab a boat load of cool images for some new products put out by BlackRapid.  Venice Beach, Santa Monica Pier, Beverly Hills, Manhattan Beach, Sunset Drive and the back streets of West Hollywood was our playground...




No comments: