Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hurricane Irene

While Hurricane Irene was heading up the East Coast I took advantage of the wind with some cool shots on the beaches of Southwest Florida.  Chris Grosser and I met our model Rachel at the Don Cesar on St. Petersburg Beach at 8:00am for a short photo session.  At first it looked as though it was going to poor rain but the heavens provided some beautiful light poking through the clouds when we first arrived.  At the end of the shoot we broke out the Octabank and some powerful lights to get a few dramatic shots before calling it quits.  We had strong winds that almost blew away our gear, but the shots came out great.  Enjoy!  Mikey









7 comments:

Joephoto59 said...

The photo's are simply Awesome.. Every time I view your work I just want to get out and shoot. Keep them coming Bro... Thanks..

Joephoto59 said...

The photo's are simply Awesome.. Every time I view your work I just want to get out and shoot. Keep them coming Bro... Thanks..

cowboy said...

Just found this. wow!

Anonymous said...

Your photos are all wonderful, but the ones on the beach just took my breath away. I'll be back to look at them often.

fotografia said...

Thanks guys, these pics are pretty much out of camera. I sometimes switch it up with a black and white. But, I shoot it right in camera...white balance, exposure, and crop are done in camera. Shoot it right to begin with and spend more time shooting!

David in Miami said...

Mike, it was great talkin' to you today. The shots are definitely great! I'm digging the effects the ND filter you told me about gave you. With all the available sunlight its pretty cool to be able to shoot wide open like that.
Great Work! How big is the octobank?

Anonymous said...

These photo's are gorgeous, and you're so lucky to be able to have such a beautiful model and location to work with as well. Was wondering what kind of effect you used to get the smoky and soft blurry look to your photographs?
Keep up the incredible work! xx